The Parish Administrative Assistant plays a central role in the life and management of the parish. This position supports the Rector, while serving often as the face of St. Luke’s for parish members, office visitors, and vendors. It is important, then, that the Parish Administrator enjoys working with people, has strong communication skills, and is sensitive to the needs of others. This position requires skills in using Word, Excel, bookkeeping, and managing a church database.
Pay and Hours
- $15 an hour, 16 hours per week
- Monday- Thursday 8am- 12pm
- Creates and prints weekly bulletin.
- Acts as the collection point for content for the weekly newsletter and bulletin announcements.
- Creates and publishes monthly schedule for lay ministry,
- Maintains parish database, mailing list and email list for parish directory.
- Assists the Rector in compiling membership attendance and services reports for the Diocesan Parochial Reports.
- Maintains records and letters of transfer relating to parishioners’ transfers both into St. Luke’s and out, as requested.
- Receives, sorts and re-directs mail.
- Acts as the first point of contact for visitors of the church office.
- Acts as a point of contact assisting those needing financial assistance (utility bill, etc.)
- Maintains financial and parish records.
- Does monthly payroll.
- Manages accounts receivable and payables details, including writing checks and inputting gift lists and deposits into Realm database.
- Enters and make monthly federal and state tax deposits, quarterly tax payments, and prepares all year-end tax reports. (W-2s, 1099’s, online year-end tax reports.
- Enters and tracks contributions and sends quarterly statements to those who have made pledges.
- Tracks income and expenditures relating to the altar flower remembrances.
Vacation and Holiday Schedule
- 2 weeks paid vacation, coordinating dates with the rector. Other holidays as listed below:
- New Years Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Good Friday
- Easter Monday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- The week after Christmas (Days selected according to how Christmas falls)
How to Apply
Download and fill out the pdf application below.
The application can be filled out online and email to [email protected] or printed and delivered to the church mailbox.