Like good stewards of the manifold grace of God, serve one another
with whatever gift each of you has received. – 1 Peter 4:10
Would you like to donate online? Click here
Where does your money go?
1. Outreach – We give financial assistance to help those in need with their utilities, food, and rental assistance. Our food pantry is also a big part of our outreach. We partner with the North Alabama Food Bank in Huntsville to provide those in need with a variety of groceries and home products. We also purchase food from local vendors and collect food from donors. Recently, we just partnered with our new Publix to distribute their overstock and non-purchased frozen meat items. We collect and distribute coats, jackets, and blankets each November/December, partner with Christmas Charities each year and donate to various community needs throughout the year. We partner with the ARC of Jackson County, hosting a group from the ARC on a daily basis. We partner with Alcoholics Anonymous, hosting recovery group meetings on Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings.
2. Worship is at the center of our lives, giving thanks to God for this life and the love we experience together as faithful people. In prayer and song we ask God to open our hearts and minds so that Christ’s light may shine forth in our lives. We invite all to the Lord’s Table, knowing it is Christ who invites us all to a life of faith. Special worship events include the Red Mass, a service celebrated annually at the start of the new term of court for judges, attorneys, law school professors, students, and government officials seeking guidance from the Holy Spirit for all who work for justice; Easter Vigil, an ancient Christian service celebrating the light of Christ and resurrection of our Lord, along with all the Holy Week services; and a Blessing of Animals in October, near the Feast of St. Francis, to remember the love God shows us through our pets and furry loved ones.
3. Programs – Christian Formation, Music, and Youth programs are offered for all ages of children and adults. We also host a variety of hospitality events to build fellowship and community.
4. Facilities – We work to keep the grounds and facilities of Saint Luke’s beautiful and inviting, as well as safe and clean, especially in light of the recent pandemic.
5. Administration – Our Parish Administrator works part-time, excellently managing our office, answering the telephone, and greeting visitors. We are grateful to have a dedicated person to manage the business end of church needs.
6. Covenant –Saint Luke’s gladly contributes to the Diocese of Alabama. We follow the diocesan guideline for parishes our size and give 10 percent of all pledged gifts and estimated plate to support the good work of our Episcopal brothers and sisters.